Wednesday 20 October 2010

Farm, Brighton, UK

The cafe Farm who this review features has recently opened a small farmers market in the lanes. This kind of venture must be applauded along with their ethos of good locally produced food. The inside of the cafe has a rustic quality and it seems like the kind of establishment where the coffee will be first rate, especially as they serve Monmouth beans (my favourite). It never opens before 9 which seems a little crazy for picking up on the way to work foot traffic and luckily for this blog I was late one day and managed to pop in and grab some joe.

The coffee was rushed and made with very little care; seeing this I thought it would be a disaster and was prepared for a teeth clenching muddy ashtray infusion. Being first in I benefited from very freshly ground coffee which helped with the taste. I was a little surprised to see the barista knocking out some coffee before tamping it down without refilling meaning the actual amount that went in was more like a shot than a double. This left the coffee a little weak for my tastes for the sake of something like 5p. However having said all that it was not that bad, a bit nondescript but certainly not unpleasant. If care was taken and more actual coffee applied there could be a great coffee here. 


After totally failing to take a photo I stole their logo. I hope they don't mind me reproducing without permission. I have a photo in mind so intend to replace as soon as I can.

  • Black Americano
  • Medium strength
  • Slightly bitter aftertaste
  • No crema
  • Medium to large 
  • £1.80

Not a well made coffee but somehow it dragged itself out of being not very good to being roughly around alright. 




No comments:

Post a Comment