Tuesday 4 January 2011

desVins, London, UK

Before stepping on a morning train to Derby I searched St. Pancreas for the best shot of Joe I could find. desVins looked the best bet, whether it was the train arch location (I can't get enough of these, see Black and Blue next) or the pretty girl wrapped in layers outside that drew me in I cannot be sure.


The outside stall sold coffee's and wines by the glass or mini bottle. A little early for wine so the Black Americano it was. I was promised that "it is very good coffee" and although being frozen and blasted by fire alarms and a live band the barista did her job admirably. 

I didn't sample till on the train and found the good and the bad. Smooth as silk no doubt but too large and watered down (or not enough coffee).  The coffee had a milky after taste which I couldn't place as the natural cream of the bean or something else so have placed it down as a slight sour note

Sorry for the very bad photo taken just before running for the train. This does not do the lovely arched premises justice. To be fair grabbing the coffee from the outside stall may not either.

  • Black Americano
  • Weak
  • Smooth with a creamy/sour after taste
  • No Crema
  • Large
  • £2.50 
Publish Post
Not too bad but with a few off notes and lacking the strength one needs. 

http://www.desvins.co.uk/
Map

No comments:

Post a Comment